Join our Free E-Mail List

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter has it's moments!!!!

This winter we have had it pretty good over all regarding the temps and snow cover but I sure feel for all you folks in Wisc. threw Indiana. We all knew it was going to come but why all at once? The temperatures at the Lodge have dropped into the -30 range at night but we did not get as much snow as the folks down south did. I was listening to the radio the other day and the southern parts of Florida are getting record highs for this time of year and are complaining about the humidity levels!! (Big Deal)! We have humidity it's just a bit more solid than theirs!!!

Well, all of you have received our Fall Gazette, and we hope you enjoyed reading some of the articles that we presented. Gale and I enjoyed putting it together, but it gave us a whole new perspective on the amount of work it takes to put a daily, let alone, yearly paper out!! Just as we suspected, many of you are taking advantage of the early sign up savings, and for those of you that are making bookings for the summer, you have just a few days left to benefit from it. We are still running our referral program that directly benefits you for telling your friends and neighbors about Rainbow Point Lodge. Call or write us for the details

We are looking forward to the Jan. edition of the Midwest Outdoors Magazine as it will have a full story on the 64" Moose that Greg Wierzba of Green Bay took with a bow this past fall. It has gone through the 60 day drying period and it will be scored real soon. This is not just any Big moose, this is going to be one of the top bulls taken in Canada with a bow. I will keep you posted on any other news about it.

We are getting ready for Christmas along with everyone else and it will be a little different this year with both our Daughters away from home and not able to join us on the 25th. We are going to have our family get together for Christmas in the middle of Jan. as it is the only time that the girls can get some vacation together. Amanda, our oldest Daughter works in the entertainment booking business and they are very busy around the holidays and Karla our younger Daughter is a Chef working in St. John's Newfoundland and as you can imagine the Christmas season is very busy with all the parties etc. We will miss them but we get to have two Christmas celebrations so it can't be that bad. It's just that we will finally get rid of the turkey and then we get another one to work on!! Oh Well!!

We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Green Bay All Canada Sport show at the end of Jan. and hope that the Packers are continuing to do well. The guests at the show seem to be in a much better mood when the Pack is in it!! I must tell you that I went to a Packer game at the end of Nov. with a few other guys from Canada and Boy, do you folks ever know how to put on football game! I have gotten my liver back from the cleaners and will be ready for another game next year if my therapist from AA will let me go!! I was telling the guy's that I bet I run into someone I know, and sure enough, I saw three different guests at the game and they were sure surprised to see me there.

Anyways, I will let you go and wish you a Merry Christmas and will update you in the New Year as to any STUFF that's going on. Take Care BOB

No comments: