Join our Free E-Mail List

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Archery Moose Update!!!!

Well: As I promised I am posting a quick update to our archery moose hunt. Last week our hunters were hunting in 80+ degree temps, which was extremely hot for this time of year. I don't own a pair of camo shorts but I wish I did. The minute they left to go home last Sat. the weather turned around with a hard frost and seasonal temps. in the 50's. Go figure!! We called quite a few moose in but the weather was not helping the Rut much. On Tuesday Greg Wierzba from Green Bay, and I, called in a nice moose and after holding full draw for more than 3 minutes (which seemed like an hour) the moose gave him a shot at 23 yards. I have hunted with Greg before and I was sure that the shot would either be perfect or he would not take it. He did not disappoint me, and as you can see the animal turned out to be a Pope and Young trophy!! He is having the head "green scored" just to get an idea how it will rank in the stats, and has to let it dry for the 60 days as prescribed in the P&Y rules for the final measurement. The rack measured 64 inches, and as you can see has great structure. I will keep you posted on it's P&Y ranking.

The hunters this week have seen two 50+ beauties but were unable (so far) to get a clear shot. Keep an eye on the photo section of our web site as we will be posting more fishing, bear, moose pictures in the next week or so.

Gale and I will be finalizing our fall-winter advertising schedule in the next month and will be sending out our new price list etc. soon there after. We are going to be using the Internet and our web page a lot more so make it one of your favorites and visit it often. We will be introducing a new twist to the web page, that I will be talking to you about in the future, so have a look at it to keep up to date with what's going on @ http://www.rainbowpoint.com/ .

Not to forget about the fishing, but the walleye and northern fishing was great last week, while we were putting on suntan lotion. We also went after grouse and had limited success as the ground cover leaves are still on and we need a couple of frosts to remove them.

Anyways, I said this would be a short blog but as usual these two fingers keep going when they get warmed up. Thank God for speilchezk!!! Hope all is well and will talk to you soon. BOB

No comments: