Join our Free E-Mail List

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mid July Stuff!!

I Know, I Know how come so long between posts!!! It is very hard to sit down and type with my two fingers every week so sometimes I have to let them rest. I also would like to put alot more into the Blog but have to be very diplomatic as I can only imagine who may be reading this, friends, neighbours,etc... Anyways since the last post we have had nothing but HOT weather and very little rain and as of yesterday the whole area is a Restricted fire zone. We had two little fires close to us yesterday and listened to the spotter planes and the waterbombers for quite a while. I finally got fishing with my youger daughter Karla two days ago at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, with no wind and 93 degrees (great walleye weather!!!) and as luck would have it within three minutes she had a 27 inch walleye. I now look like the best guide on the lake in her eyes. The picture will be on the photo's page on our web site http://www.rainbowpoint.com The walleye fishing has been in two different depths as you can catch them in 10-12 feet of water on the weed line and also on top of all the humps early and late in the day. These seem to be the eater variety in general but the consistantly larger ones seem to be in the 18-23 foot range with the fish dropping to more than 30 mid. day. The northerns are well established in all the bays and are readily being caught. Some nice catches of larger fish are being caught in the deeper cabbage and take a little more patience but it quite often pays off. The perch fishing has been nothing but fantastic and there is no real, hotspot, as they are readily available in all shallow bays of the lake. Last week we had a 13 1/2 incher caught,Nice fish!!
We are finally going to get to finsh painting the whole camp. We wanted to have it done this spring but the wet weather early made it hard to do. The smile on alot of guests faces when they check into the cabins with all the additions and interior remodeling ,that was done this spring, made the effort and expence worth while.
One last personal comment from myself, Bob, I would like to Thank all of you on behalf of the staff, and Gale and I, for the very generous tips that they recieve each week as it sure brings a smile to their faces, and it goes a long way to making the long days they put in alot more enjoyable if they know you all appreciate it.
My fingers are stating to get hot so I will sign off for now but will make every effort to keep the Blogs coming. One last thing, I am looking for your favorite brine recipie to use in my new smoker the girls got me for Fathers day. Any brine recipies that you might care to share especially if they are a little different than the norm would be appreciated. If you get a chance e-mail me at info@rainbowpoint.com.
Thanks for making our summers enjoyable!! Bob and Gale

No comments: