Join our Free E-Mail List

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Wildlife at the Lodge

We have enjoyed seeing a few of the local critters this winter, and thought that some of you might be interested in seeing a couple of pictures. The first is Pine Marten that paid us a visit on the deck of our house. He spent quite a long time back and forth, looking right into our patio doors at times, and then moved on to the woods. It was one of the best front row seats we've had for watching these beautiful creatures.



The 3rd photo is not the best as my camera was giving up the ghost. This was a mink that came right across the lake on our snowmachine trail, and trust me, he put on a fair distance. Then he didn't seem to want to leave the area where we fishing. I investigated further, and found that he had a couple of dens in the snow near a couple of outcropped rocks near us. I tried to get pictures of the lairs, but again, the camera didn't co-operate very well (or maybe it was the photographer??)


A sure sign that spring is arriving - the Bald Eagles made their return visit to the area a couple of weeks ago, and we're enjoying hearing them out in the yard. There is a nest very close to the lodge, and we can here them throughout the summer. The eagles like making this area home because of the open water at Perrault Falls early in the spring. I'm sure I'll catch some good pictures when I get my camera fixed!!

Looking forward to seeing some of you this spring. Opening of Walleye season is May 20th! Can't wait!!

No comments: