Join our Free E-Mail List

Saturday, February 14, 2009

How about that weather??

As I indicated in the last Blog, we are back at the Lodge and are finished shoveling for the 99th. time, and also getting caught up on all the mail and bills etc. I make it sound like I do all the book work, WRONG!, if it wasn't for Gale and her accounting ability we would be doing our work out of a shoe box!
In all our travels we did not get into any bad weather or were lucky and just left before a storm hit in the various cities that we did sport shows in. On the last day going home we got stuck in Grand Forks North Dakota with the roads into Canada closed due to ice accumulations on the roads. I was able to find another "Cabelas" store so it was not a complete loss of time. Gale will be glad not to have me see another one of those signs for a while.
Our youngest Daughter Karla is coming home from her Chef's job in St. John's New Foundland, for a week starting tomorrow. We have not seen her since late last summer so we are looking forward to her visit. One small item is that she is also bringing her Boy friend!! I am presently going through all my knives to make sure they are sharp and that all my guns are oiled and in proper working condition. they will be strategically placed throughout the house just to make him feel comfortable while visiting. I understand that he is dreading the first meeting and I just want him to feel a home!!!!!
I will be doing a bit of ice fishing next week and will let you know how we did and hopefully post a few pictures for you to see. It would be nice just to have a small walleye or northern, fresh, fried for dinner.(doesn't that make you hungry?).
Anyways take care and if you haven't made your summer vacation plans yet take some time and visit the website www.rainbowpoint.com and we may see you this summer or the first time or as a repeat guest.
Have a great week. Bob and Gale

No comments: